What taxes do business have to pay... what permits will I need to start a non food business?


This really is dependent on where you live in the world.

My best recommendation for this is to speak with a local small business friendly accountant or see if there is a local small business advocate (perhaps a local Economic Development Authority or Small Business Administration (SBA) or local incubator / co-working space with fellow entrepreneurs you could speak with).

Focus. #deliver.

- mike vizdos

Answered 8 years ago

This all depends upon where your business is located. You may have to pay local, state and Federal taxes. You may also be looking at sales and use taxes as well, depending upon location, product and service.

Answered 8 years ago

It depends on your location. Research taxes and permits needed for your city and state. I am based in New York State, which for me meant quarterly sales tax according to my county's rate (or yearly if sales are less than $3,000 a quarter). Since I had a partnership and no other employees, I filed my yearly income tax.

Answered 8 years ago

Unlock Startups Unlimited

Access 20,000+ Startup Experts, 650+ masterclass videos, 1,000+ in-depth guides, and all the software tools you need to launch and grow quickly.

Already a member? Sign in

Copyright © 2022 LLC. All rights reserved.