As an entrepreneur I would like to have a bigger exposure in my professional community and my social network. For the personal branding I am looking for some tools/platforms/help in: - Social media campaigns management for Instagram and LinkedIn - Blog posts writing and idea generation - Networking - Speaking at public events - Produce in-person events It looks like many people rely on do-it-yourself approach that requires a lot of time and some knowledge in PR. Or I can hire an agent, but that can become very costly. Are there any other options?
There are a lot of pieces to this, but I'm glad you're asking. This can absolutely be done DIY, but you're right, it's time consuming and there are a lot of pieces to keep track of. An agency will already have a process in place to manage these different pieces for you. My agency specializes in PR, branding and digital marketing, so check us out if hiring an agency is an option for you - https://redchalkstudios.com/.
For a DIY approach:
- Instagram campaigns are managed using Facebook Ads platform. As a marketer, that's a nice feature, I can manage both FB and IG campaigns in one place. LinkedIn has it's own ads platform called Campaign Manager (https://www.linkedin.com/ad-beta/accounts).
- For blogs, it's best to be consistent, but don't write for the sake of writing. Make sure to plan a content schedule that you can keep up with. For blog ideas, there are some awesome resources. SEMRush has a content idea generation feature, there are sites like AnswerThePublic where you can enter a keyword and it will populate common questions around that subject that you can answer with your posts.
- Networking is something I'm personally working on, too. Each Monday I log into Meetup, Eventbrite and Facebook and search their "Business" categories for networking events.
- Attending these networking events is also a great way to meet the event coordinators and introduce yourself as a possible event host and speaker. Also, if you do a Google search for "call for speakers" you'll find conferences/summits that are looking for speakers for their events.
- Producing in-person events takes some planning. Who is your target audience? What are the problems they face with their business that you can coach them on? How big do you want the event? And how much do you want to charge? Where are you going to have it? There are a lot of logistics. Take notes during the events you attend as to what you like about how the event is held before you start planning your own.
Hope this helps!
Ok, we have a couple of things that can be handed out and some things that are best taken care of on your own. Below are the details:
Social media campaigns management for Instagram and LinkedIn - A smart social media guy can do this on your behalf by using tools like Buffer. He/she can schedule everything on Buffer and you can give it a look before it goes live.
- Blog posts writing and idea generation - This can be outsourced with ease. A lot of content creation agencies out there that can write blogs on your behalf. 4 blogs per month will be enough for you I think.
- Networking - Easy stuff. Once you outline what kind of people you want to connect with, anyone can do it. I get this done for LinkedIn.
- Speaking at public events - You got to do this one on your own. Someone can help you with the PPT part but rest of the show is you.
- Produce in-person events - This will also be you.
The first 3 things can be best tackled by a small team after it understands your language nuances, goals, and expertise. First month will be a little time consuming but after that, it will be smooth. My team handles the same for some entrepreneurs and businesses. Below are a couple of case studies:
I hope this helps. Cheers.
The single greatest ROI you can get in personal branding is your own .com domain.
Think about it, what email would you consider as more trustworthy/authoritative?*
Social media has changed a lot recently, mainly organic reach is dead, including on LinkedIn.
That said I am very keen on LinkedIn and Instagram but each must be used wisely.
If you're going to be blogging and don't want to waste time and money, you NEED to blog from a SEO FIRST perspective.
In other words you need to "reverse engineer" your content so you can tap into existing traffic.
I'm glad you mentioned networking and events. Definitely something you should leverage on as long as you have a story to tell (we all have stories!).
Professional coaches can be beneficial, but there's a lot you can get done on your own if you put in the time.
Why don't you book me here and I'll share some of the successful strategies that I have used myself.
Check out my reviews and recommendations here: https://rodrigomartinez.fyi.to/recommendations
*Unfortunately Rodrigo Martinez is a very common name, thus my own custom domain was taken. You might have a better chance. BTW not all registrars are created equal. Happy to share more during our call.